The Florida Center for Cybersecurity (Cyber Florida) will host Florida Cyber Conference 2018 at the Tampa Convention Center on October 10–11.
The center’s fifth annual conference, Florida Cyber Conference 2018, will welcome hundreds of cybersecurity practitioners, executives, policymakers, educators, students, and other industry stakeholders for a day and a half of sessions, panel discussions, and networking.
Registration is open now at FLCyberCon, and ticket prices are $25 for military personnel and students, $60 for government personnel and educators, and $125 for general admission.
“The goal of this conference is to bring together stakeholders from all aspects of the field for an exploration of emerging topics and an exchange of ideas,” remarked Sri Sridharan, director of Cyber Florida. “Each year, I am delighted to hear attendees remark on the quality and value of not only the content presented but also the connections made at our conference,” he said.
This year’s conference highlights include the following:
- Keynote Address, “Thriving in the Cyber Age,” presented by Chris Inglis, Distinguished Visiting Professor, Center for Cyber Security Studies, US Naval Academy, and former NSA Deputy Director
- Opening Discussion, “The Future of Cybersecurity,” led by Vice Adm. Mike McConnell (USN, Ret.), former Director of National Intelligence, with guests Manny Medina, CEO of Cyxtera, and Roland Cloutier, Staff VP & Global Chief Security Officer of ADP
- Twenty sessions across five tracks: Emerging Technologies; Practitioner; Human Aspects; Community; and Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Sessions on crisis management, risk and control assessments, cyberciminal syndicates, workforce development, blockchain and cryptocurrency, social engineering, IoT, threat hunting, and more
- Panel discussions on gamification and workforce development, GDPR, cybersecurity law and policy, cryptography, the multidisciplinary approach to cybersecurity
- Speakers from ReliaQuest, KnowBe4, IBM, Raymond James Financial, FBI, NICE, University of Miami, EY, Bank of the Ozarks, IARPA, Merit Network, University of South Florida, Circadence Corporation, and St. Petersburg College
- A pre-conference workshop, CyberSecure My Business™, led by the National Cyber Security Alliance
- The Duel Factor Challenge on-site capture-the-flag competition and hands-on cyber range demonstration
Visit FLCyberCon for complete conference details, to register, and to become a sponsor or exhibitor.
The Florida Center for Cybersecurity (Cyber Florida) is a state-funded organization dedicated to positioning Florida as a national leader in cybersecurity through education and workforce development; innovative, interdisciplinary research; and community outreach.
Hosted at the University of South Florida, Cyber Florida works with all 12 State University System of Florida (SUS) institutions as well as industry, government and defense to build partnerships and develop programs that grow and strengthen Florida’s cybersecurity industry.
For more information contact: Kate Whitaker – email@example.com – 813-974-1229