The Americans for Tax Fairness coalition will host a virtual Tax (Fairness) Day Rally with special guests House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senator Ron Wyden, Rep. Lloyd Doggett, Rep. Pramila Jayapal, Rep. Judy Chu, Jared Bernstein of the Council of Economic Advisors, Abigail Disney, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, NEA President Becky Pringle, UNIDOSUS President & CEO Janet Murguia, and many more.
President Biden’s proposed tax and investment agenda will raise $3.6 trillion by making the rich and corporations pay more of their fair share in taxes to invest in infrastructure, childcare, healthcare, education, green energy, and more.
Participants will discuss Biden’s tax and investment plans, the rigged tax system, and the movement that is building to ensure that Congress enacts Biden’s agenda.
- Speaker of The U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi
- Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX)
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA)
- Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA)
- Jared Bernstein, member of the White House Council of Economic Advisors
- Americans for Tax Fairness Executive Director Frank Clemente
- Abigail Disney
- Health Care Activist Ady Barkan
- AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
- National Education Association President Becky Pringle
- President Biden’s Pollster John Anzalone
- UNIDOSUS President & CEO Janet Murguia
- National Women’s Law Center President & CEO Fatima Goss Graves
- Indivisible Co-executive Director Ezra Levin
- MoveOn Executive Director Rahna Epting
WHAT: Virtual Tax (Fairness) Day Rally to support President Biden’s historic tax and investment agenda
WHEN: Monday, May 17, 2021, 3:00 PM EDT