Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation September 26 technology event “Future Forum: The Future of Fintech.”
The forum is a deep dive into the innovations, workforce development and industry demands associated with the benefits and challenges of technology’s disruption of the financial services industry.
The lineup of industry experts will weigh in on this digital disruption along with its potential to diminish the role and relevance of traditional banks by offering better, faster and cheaper services that are essential to institutions and individuals.
Future Forum: The Future of Fintech
Sept. 26, 2018
7:30 – 11:00 am
Convene, 777 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Click here to register.
Industry Experts Include:
- Justin O’Connor – PwC, Director, Financial Services Digital Group
- Justin will provide a global view of FinTech and how it is shaping technological innovation in the financial services sector, including: blockchain; automation and robotics; data analytics and science; crypto-currency; and the evolution of the traditional retail bank.
- Alyse Killeen – Managing Partner of StillMark Co. and StillMark Capital
- Alyse will be sharing the current trends on venture capital investment in FinTech and the technologies that are shaping the future of the financial services industry.
- Bryan Myint – Managing Director, Republic Crypto & Partner at Taureon Capital
- Bryan will share case studies around blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and its usage across various industries.
- Andrea Marcos – Credit Manager, Tala
- Andrea will share insights on how FinTech is used to provide financial access to under-served communities globally and how technology and data personalization is utilized to connect borrowers to lenders.
- Tayyeb Shabbir, Ph. D. – Associate Dean, College of Business Administration and Public Policy, CSUDH
- Dr. Shabbir will be providing perspective from the academic community on how we are preparing the future workforce of FinTech, and which career paths will be needed.
For more information contact: Maneesha Horshin – Maneesha.Horshin@laedc.org – 213.236.4864