Preach Records is an innovative and artist-first record label based out of Los Angeles, CA and Hamburg, Germany in partnership with Universal Music Group/Ingrooves and beatBread that launched on February 2021. Founded by LA-based Jay Cohen [CEO] and German-based Co-Founder Daniel Baldock [CMO], Preach Records is breaking artists on a global level; with offices in LA, London, and Hamburg + partners in Canada and SE Asia. Rather than replicating the distributor model (who rarely provide artists with enough support) or the major label model (who take all of the rights and have too large/bloated rosters), Preach Records’ smaller/selective roster allows for hands-on focus from the entire team; that not only allows them to focus on playlist pitching but instead the goal of building an artist’s career holistically to take them to the next level. With a history of breaking records in the US and in Germany/across Europe [Sir the Baptist, Dylan Dunlap, BEKA], they are uniquely positioned for streamlined success.
Shortly following the launch four artists off of Preach Records debut roster will hit the ground running with the below releases.
“Straight” Shooter” Single
- Stream it here.
- Release Date: February 26th, 2021
- Jackson Briet has been releasing music since 2015 and has been featured on numerous outlets including Billboard and REVOLT TV.
- “Straight Shooter” is Breit’s first 2021 release and is about grappling with unspoken “rules of dating” while wanting to just be straightforward about his feelings.
Care Package EP
- Release date: March 5th, 2021
- Tim Riehm is a Nashville-based recording artist and songwriter.
- Care Package is a mental health-focused project that he wrote in quarantine.
- The focus track of the EP is “You’re A Star” which is learning about accepting personal flaws and remembering to love oneself.
“Just Breathe” Single
- Release date: March 5th, 2021
- “Just Breathe” is an anthem for internal peace and keeping up sanity during these times.
- Chicago-based R&B artist itoldLexi’s single is the first female release from Preach Records.
“good day” single
- Release Date: March 12th, 2021
- MacKenzie was formerly a contestant on American Idol and The Voice.
- He has been featured on outlets such as Billboard, Just Jared JR, Celebmix, and many more.
- This single marks the beginning of his promotions for his upcoming EP.
The rest of Preach Records Roster includes Dear Silas and Muntu.
The signing of Dear Silas encompasses one of the main purposes for the launch of Preach Records. Previously signed to RCA Records, he made the decision to leave the major label world in order to control ownership of his masters and have a more engaged team around him. By joining forces with Preach Records, Dear Silas will have the freedom and support that he’s been striving for to take his career to the next level.
Preach’s partnership with Muntu allows the label to step up on the Global side of things; as he is already one of the top songwriters in Germany, with 3 of the top 15 songs on the radio, and is signed to Sony Music Publishing.
Further reinforcing their global reach, the core Preach Records staff includes:
- Americans (Jay Cohen, Aaron Boyd, Samantha Friske, and Jack Wonham)
- Hawaiian (Damon Madera)
- Canadian (Victoria Giddings)
- Irishman (Niall Cash)
- Brit (Thando Zulu)
- Germans (Luisa Lion and Lea Fromme)
- Swiss (Jenny Uder)
- Australian (Daniel Baldock).
Many of the large distributors sign hundreds or even thousands of recording artists, which doesn’t allow them to put the proper amount of time and focus into each project.
Preach Records wants to break that pattern and fully utilize all resources to push their artists to the next level. Preach Records takes pride in the fact that they don’t trap their artists into signing multi-year/multi-album deals and they don’t take ownership of their artists’ music/masters. Rather than a “0ne-deal applies to all” approach, they focus on making every record deal customized to each individual artist’s needs.