The Building Industry Association of Southern California (BIASC) will focus on the theme of INNOVATION at its upcoming Building Industry Show (BIS) set for Oct. 3-4, 2018, at the Pechanga Resort and Casino in Temecula, Calif.
A notable roster of thought leaders will bring attendees up to date on next-generation technologies and the latest trends impacting today’s home building industry.
This years revamped Building Industry Show (BIS) offers a unique opportunity for professionals in the business to gain the very latest insights and best practices for success in the vibrant and highly competitive SoCal market.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Jay Symonds
- Senior Manager of Marketing and Advertising for Amazon, on initiatives for home services and smart electronics in an integrated ecosystem from central control of entertainment, appliances, security and information access to cleaning services and home grocery delivery.
- Peter Lopez
- Senior Program Manager for Microsoft, on machine learning and artificial intelligence in engineering and construction from design, pre-construction and construction to operations and asset management focused on overcoming challenges like cost/schedule overruns and safety concerns.
- Brigham McCown
- Chairman of the Alliance for Innovation & Infrastructure, on why the nations infrastructure is critical and in need of investment, what policymakers are doing and not doing to address that need, and the role played by innovation in infrastructure transformation.
- Joan Lunden
- Special Correspondent for NBCs TODAY show, with advice from the worlds most successful people and what she has learned over a 20-year career from small-town weather girl to Good Morning America and TODAY; interviewed by Joan Webb, CMO of The New Home Company.
- 70+ exhibitors showcasing innovations for the new home construction industry
- 200 people from nearly 50 attending firms, from large public builders to custom home builders
Educational sessions will include a utility boot camp by Southern California Edison and SoCal Gas, plus an update from the Building Industry Legal Defense (BILD) foundation.
This years show will also feature cutting-edge exhibitors, an evening hosted by Ketel One vodka, and an 80s rooftop party with special musical guests in Pechangas well-known Eagles Nest club. In addition, there will be other entertainment and dining options available throughout the venue.
The goal for BIS 2018 is for every attendee to walk away with significant new insights for instilling a culture of persistent growth within their spheres of influence, said Jeff Montejano, CEO of the BIASC. From inspirational life experiences, to Amazon and Microsoft sharing how they are revolutionizing the housing industry, this years show will comprise incredible success stories and exciting ideas that will leave attendees with a fresh perspective on possibilities for the future.
Sponsors for this years BIS event are Boral Roofing, DCSE Associates, Farley Interlocking Paving Stones, Gothic Landscape, Navien Inc., Outfront Media, Quiet Cool, Reliable Wholesale Lumber, SoCal Gas, Solar Max and TWR Framing.
Click here to register for this technology event.
The Building Industry Association of Southern California (BIASC) is the voice of the regions building industry, with four chapters offering localized services to building professionals from Ventura to the southern tip of Orange County.
Throughout its 90-year history, the association has served its builder and associate members by anticipating, protecting and promoting their common interests through its many programs, services, councils and committees.
For more information contact: Sinan Kanatsiz – email@example.com – 949.443.9300