Despite the pandemic-related hiatus sporting in 2020, NFL players are still on track to rake in a pretty dollar.
According to the research analyzed and published by Safe Betting Sites.
1. Russell Wilson is the highest paid NFL player in 2020. Set to earn $51.94 million, thanks to a 2019 bonus deferral of $35 million paid this April.
Based on data from Forbes, the minimum annual salary of an NFL player in 2020 is $610,000. The figure shot up from $495,000 in 2019 thanks to a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
2. The second highest player in the NFL in 2020 is Jared Goff. Set to earn $50.98 million he got an income boost from a 2019 signing bonus deferral of $20 million paid in March.
3. The third highest paid player is Ryan Tannehill at $40.87 million. After signing a $118 million deal in 2019, his full $20 million bonus was deferred until 2020.
In total, the three top earners are set to rake in a neat $143.79 million in 2020. Notably, all three are quarterbacks, as is the fourth highest earner, Carson Wentz, who is set to make $39.30 million.
On the other hand, thanks to the first ever $100 million contract in the history of franchise, Joey Bosa would have been 2020’s top earner.
Joey Bosa Highest Bonus Deferral List with $17.5 Million Payable in 2021
- The second highest deferral is Christian McCaffrey’s $14 million
- DeAndre Hopkins is third with $12.5 million.
The NFL is the top league in North America in terms of revenue.
According to Statista, its total revenue in 2019 was $15.26 billion.
- Player salaries at the time totaled $7 billion, with each team spending $220 million on average
- Chicago Bears had the highest payroll for the 2018/19 season, at $271 million
- For the 2019/20 season, Detroit Lions took the lead with $250 million.